Contributions for oral and/or poster presentations are invited. Abstracts of a maximum of 1000 words should be submitted online by 1 June 2017.
All accepted abstracts will feature in the programme and conference book of abstracts. Note that the presentation and abstract can only be included in the programme and book of abstracts if at least one of the authors is registered before the presenters registration deadline (1 September 2017). One registered person can present a maximum of one oral and one poster presentation
If your abstract is accepted you will also be invited to optionally submit a full paper (minimum 6 pages) by 1 August 2017. The full paper will be peer-reviewed and will be published in the Journal of the Society for Information Display. Further details will be communicated to accepted authors in due course.
Click here to submit an abstract
Guidelines for abstract file preparation
- Template: Please download and use this one page template
- Length: 1 A4 page including all figures, text and references
- File format: .pdf and .docx
- Font: 10pt Arial
- Title: include the full title in the submission file, do not use all caps
- Authors and affiliations: include full names of all co-authors and corresponding affiliations, with presenting author underlined
- Abstract figures/references: include an informative caption for any figure, scheme, or illustration in your abstract. Note that abstracts may be reproduced in black and white, so check any colour figures to be sure they remain intelligible in greyscale
Information for submitting your abstract
If you have previously submitted an abstract or registered to attend an IOP Conference, please log in. For new users you will need to create an account. If you have forgotten your password, you can request details from the login page. Please note your submission will not be completed until you reach the "submission confirmation" page.
- Enter your abstract title
- Indicate whether the work is predominantly student work
- Enter co-author(s) details if applicable (fields marked with * are mandatory)
- Upload your file in the correct format (.pdf and .doc)
- Select the presenting author
- Review your submission and select submit
The corresponding author will receive an email confirming the submission. If you do not receive an email, your abstract may not have been received and you are advised to contact the conferences team by email to email@example.com or by telephone to +44 (0)20 7470 4800.
Authors can amend their submission online up until the abstract submission deadline.
If you are unable to submit your abstract online, please contact the conferences team by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone to +44 (0)20 7470 4800. Please ensure that you quote the name of the event when contacting us.